We need YOU! The revenue that our association receives from Bingo goes directly to the cost of ice, which keeps our registration costs down. We need everyone's help to maintain this valuable opportunity!
Helping out for 2 hours on a Wednesday night once or twice per year makes a significant difference. Before you can volunteer, you must read an Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability (AODA) package (Click Here
), and complete a one-time, one-hour 45 minute training session. Upcoming Bingo training dates: Sept 19 @ 9am Delta Bingo & Gaming, Val Caron To RSVP for one of these sessions, or for more information on these or other upcoming sessions, speak with your team manager, email email@example.com, or call 705-897-3060.
The partial schedule for the 2019 - 2020 season is as follows: ***ALL SESSIONS ARE FROM 8 - 10:15 PM*** September 11, 2019 ~ Open team
September 18, 2019
October 9, 2019
October 16, 2019
October 23, 2019 Guidelines for Volunteers
- Prior to your first shift at the bingo, complete the one-time, one-hour training session, and review the AODA and human rights hand-out
- Dress according to the bingo dress code: white collared shirt and dark dress pants, black shoes, no heels (if wearing winter boots please bring a change of footwear).
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your shift
- Sign the book when you arrive and get a name tag
- Speak with the volunteers coming off the floor to let them know you have arrived to replace them, and to find out whether there are unresolved customer service issues that may need your prompt attention
- As you circulate on the floor, help staff clear used bingo paper and refuse from the table tops and blue bins during the session
- Empty drink containers into the designated bucket before throwing in the garbage to prevent spills from the bags.
- Ask staff or other volunteers where everything is until you are familiar. Everyone is here to help each other
- Help staff with the verification of bingo winners (both electronic winners and paper winners) by calling the numbers back to the caller
- Congratulate the winner - it’s good customer service.
- Promote your charity and what you do - thank the customers for coming and supporting you
- Help make the customer comfortable and relaxed. Many of them are here for the social side of bingo gaming
- Avoid sitting on tables or bringing food or beverages in from an outside business.